Friday, October 09, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different...

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

Okay, hold on to your hats! It was a busy week around the Internet...

Carol Denbow is looking for suggestions on book promotion in a brainstorming session! A Book Inside

Alyce goes over some more FTC blogging & disclosure rules At Home With Books

Walt discusses the new Vook.com site Walt Shiel

Mayra Calvani discusses Halloween promotions J. Aday Kennedy

Tony talks about The Elevator Pitch Marketing Tips For Authors

Helen reveals a new piracy site Straight From Hel

Google deal to be amended… The Feathered Quill

J. Kaye wants to know YOUR thoughts on negative reactions to reviews J. Kaye’s Book Blog

School ditching all books and going digital… Southern Review of Books

The Muse Online Writers Conference begins next week!!! The Muse Online Writer’s Conference

2009 Book ‘Em Event is next weekend! Book ‘Em Foundation
Including author Dirk Robertson, coming all the way from Scotland! And this Alan Krugel of Los Angeles is bringing police dog Leda this year.


THE TOUR CONTINUES...

And thank you to my wonderful hosts!

Oct 3 - The Book Muncher – book giveaway
Oct 4 - Spunk On A Stick – Deviant Art Full week of stops & interviews on Deviant Art, plus book giveaway
Oct 5 - Bookland Heights
Oct 6 - Debbie’s World of Books
Oct 6 - Pop Syndicate
Oct 7 - Simply Books & her Review
Oct 8 – The Old Silly’s Free Sprit Blog
Oct 11-12 - Sia McKye’s Thoughts Over Coffee
Oct 11 - Writers in Business
Oct 12 - God Uses Broken Vessels

* FRIDAY FINDS/SPECIAL BLOGGER*

This is my contribution to Friday Finds and you're not following CC Chronicles, you are missing out! She fairly new to the book blogger community, but my gosh has she taken it by storm! And she covers far more than books, too.

Chris is also a very special friend in the real world. We met eighteen months ago (or so) at one of my seminars, and Chris graciously invited my husband and I to see one of her plays. (It was a HOOT!!!) Since that time, we've kept in contact, and when I returned to her area for another seminar, she and I (and her friend) went out to dinner in between appearances. And now that she's blogging daily, it's just amazing the things I discover about Chris. (She worked on The Crow - I LOVE that movie!)

This is a big virtual hug for you, Chris! Thanks for your friendship, encouragement, and the big box of goodies you sent to me this week! Mellowcreme pumpkins, body wash & stuff, and lip balm - all things I love! Thanks, Chris!

Now, go tell her she's awesome! CC Chronicles

*MUSIC*

Alice in Chains is back! Article & news video here - CNN
I was always a fan back in the 90's and their new stuff does not disappoint! New CD is incredible.
Also, Arjen A. Lucassen has a new project - Guilt Machine!
Arjen is the mastermind behind several European Prog Rock bands, including my favorite, Ayreon. He also created Stream of Passion.
The Guilt Machine CD is slower than his other music and reminds me of the first disc of The Universal Traveler. (I affectionately call it the "Mars" CD.)
Info on Guilt Machine and his other projects here: Arjen A. Lucassen
.

*PHOTOS*
.

You get several today!
.

First, this is from one of my signings this past weekend... It was a tiny table, but I made it work!



The main character in Book IV, Mike, comes from a small town in Georgia called Perry. I snapped this shot as we were driving from Valdosta to Atlanta this past weekend:

Mike also attends Georgia Tech! Caught this on the way home. Book II's Matt and Sarah also go to GT, and I've appeared at the Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech, too!





It's good to be home, though!
Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Creative Chronicler said...

Now I'm speechless. Thank you for such a glowing endorsement of my blog! You're the best!! Hugs you right back!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You are most welcome, Chris!

And good morning!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Great pics, Diane. And thanks for the Friday links!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Marvin D Wilson said...

Tons of great stuff here as usual, thanks, Diane. I just recently started going to CC's Chrinicles and have to agree - fine blog!

The Old Silly

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Yeah!!!

There was just so much this week...

Unknown said...

How nice of you to acknowledge Chris and her presence in the Blogosphere with her popular blog "CC-Chronicles!"

And this provides me with a wonderful opportunity to plug the fact that I will be featuring Chris on my Monday Menagerie post! Be sure to stop by and learn a little more about this lovely lady!

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I can tell already that I won't get as many things marked off my to-do list today as I planned because all these links sound too good to miss!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Crystal, that sounds wonderful! As long as she isn't asking me to SPELL anything... LOL

And it is a bit overwhelming, Jane! Sorry, too many good posts & news flashes this week.

Helen Ginger said...

Great wrapup of the week, Diane. So many sites to visit. Thanks for the photos, too. They're fun to look at and know they relate to your characters.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Nancy J. Parra said...

Wow- you did make that table work! Thanks for all the great links. Be safe in your travels.

Cheers!

Missy B. said...

Wow...you have been busy! Glad that you are back home safe. :)

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Thank you so much for including The Muse Online Writers Conference in your "different" list, Diane! I hope to see many of your blog visitors there this year. And those who missed deadline? Please enroll very early next year!
Best,
Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Co-sponsor, The Muse Online Writers' Conference