Friday, January 26, 2007

Too Much Super Bowl Hype?

* Today's content comes from a guest blogger.

"Every year, the hype for the Super Bowl gets bigger and bigger. And with a two week lag between the final playoff game and the big game, reporters scramble to fill every day with as much specualtion as possible! They are quick to jump on any trash talk spewed by the players and harass the big names for even a morsel of information. This can be quite annoying. Of course, if you're not one of the teams going to the Super Bowl, you actually wish you were being pestered by the media! Oh, well, there's always next year ...

"What's become rather frightening is the amount of media coverage garnered by the commercials! Now, don't get me wrong - I love a good funny commercial! I'd rather catch them after the Super Bowl, of course, but hey, we should've played better this year. And I know it's something that draws a lot of attention. However, I worry when the ad highest on the list of priorities features Kevin Federline! Who cares? I don't want to see that!

"Guess the team just needs to get serious next season - then I won't care less what commercials air during the Super Bowl!"

- Matt Gardner, wide receiver for the Denver Broncos

No comments: